CWHF Wins Multiple Awards for Season One Film Series of 'Great Colorado Women'
CWHF-Produced Film Awards
In March of 2018, we premiered a CWHF-produced film series featuring five Inductees on Rocky Mountain PBS, here are the winners, and nominations.
- Hall Inductee Marion Downs film “Mother of Pediatric Audiology” was nominated for a Heartland Emmy in 2018.
Season One and Two of “Great Colorado Women” links to Vimeo can be found below:
The Hall is extremely grateful for former Film and Board Chair and current executive producer Betty Heid, composer and pianist Lisa Downing, Rebecca Martinez, and Enchanted Road Productions Bill Ranshaw and Rick Higgins who handled production of these films and deserve this recognition.
Our First Season films of CWHF-produced“Colorado Great Women” can now be found at PBS.org! Read below for more information on viewing Season Two starting late February on Rocky Mountain PBS – our first in the series of five will feature Inductee Helen Bonfils.
About Our Film Initiative
Inductee legacies are critical to preserving the stories of our Inductees. The stories of women who helped shape the state of Colorado are difficult to find. We elevate those stories and we are continually expanding our Film Library
- To expand our film library, the Hall will continue to create engaging films of each inductee’s compelling story. These films will be available to schools, colleges, libraries and other organizations to assist in educating the people of Colorado of the struggles and achievements of our amazing women. The goal is to inspire all Coloradans to meet their own potential.
- These educational films will be available through our website as well as for public broadcast use. All films of inductees will be added to make our website more interactive and engaging. Help the Hall create, preserve and amplify their unique stories of struggle, accomplishment and wisdom. Read more about upcoming “Great Colorado Women”: Season Two on Rocky Mountain PBS
Click Links below to see Season One and Season Two of Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame Film Series on Vimeo.
NOTE: TO VIEW FILMS IN “CLOSED CAPTION” CLICK ON LINK BELOW, ONCE YOU ARE ON THE VIMEO SITE HOVER YOUR MOUSE OVER THE PLAY BAR AT THE BOTTOM OF VIDEO SCREEN AND SELECT “CC”.
Produced by the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame (CWHF), the multi-season series will feature more than 100 women inducted into the Hall. These stories provide role models to remind women and girls; men and boys, that they can aspire higher to reach their dreams.
- Marion Downs “Mother of Pediatric Audiology” Full Film: Marion Downs | Read More About Marion:
- Dana Crawford “Saving the Soul of Denver”
Full Film: Dana Crawford | Read More About Dana:
- Penny Hamilton “Penny the Pilot”Full Film: Penny Hamilton | Read More About Penny
- Jill Tietjen “Engineering Women Back into History” Full Film: Jill Tietjen | Read More About Jill:
- Marilyn Van Derbur Atler “An Incest Survivors Odyssey” Full Film: Marilyn Van Derbur Atler | Read More About Marilyn:
“So many women in the Hall are unsung heroes, hidden figures who have endured with superlative strength, beauty and love. They deserve absolute respect and acknowledgment,” says Betty Heid, CWHF’s Executive Producer of the series. “They are shining examples of the potential of all women. Their accomplishments are worthy of being emulated and have shaped history and transformed lives.”
Great Colorado Women draws on the historic, scientific, cultural, public policy, education, agriculture, healthcare, and social justice accomplishments of the current 152 women in the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame.
Short Film of our Class of 2018 Inductees: