The Colorado Women's Hall of Fame is
Excited to Partner with Girl Scouts of Colorado
Girl Scouts: Earn a Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame Patch!
How to earn: Girl Scouts of all ages can complete at least three of the seven activities listed below within 12 months and earn the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame (CWHF) patch. Once activities are completed troop leader, parent, or guardian should fill out the online notification form on the Girl Scouts of Colorado website and patches will be mailed to an address of their choosing. All Girl Scouts should take the Girl Scout Internet Safety Pledge before starting their online research.
Each of the bulleted points listed below is considered 1 activity. To earn your patch, complete 3 activities in a 12-month period.
- Complete the CWHF Scavenger hunt download instructions here
- Select a specific Inductee from the CWHF website to research, and answer the following two questions, then share your answers with your troop, service unit, or another group of girls in your life:
- What did you discover or learn from this activity?
- What is the most remarkable thing you learned about the woman/women you researched?
- Watch one of the films from the CWHF website and answer the following questions, then share your answers with your troop, service unit, or another group of girls in your life:
- What surprised you most during this activity?
- How did the woman/women you learned about in this activity demonstrate passion?
- Listen to one of the podcasts on the CWHF website (scroll to the bottom of the page for a full list of available podcasts), answer the following questions, and share your answers with your troop, service unit, or another group of girls in your life:
- What obstacles or challenges did the woman/women you learned about have to overcome?
- How does overcoming obstacles or challenges impact your dreams and your future?
- Visit a historic site that has a connection to one of the CWHF Inductees and share your experience on the Girl Scouts of Colorado blog, Facebook, or Instagram pages.
- Girls ages 13 or under, ask a parent or guardian for help sharing your story online.
- Visit a History Colorado Museum or other museum and share what you learned with your troop, service unit, or another group of girls in your life.
- Attend a CWHF Event – see Upcoming Activities Page and share your experience with your troop, service unit or another group of girls in your life.
After your Girl Scout/Girl Scout troop has earned this patch,
Special thanks to M.L. Hanson, Jill Tietjen, Beth Barela, Beth Drum, and Tiffany Critz for developing this patch program for all Girl Scouts in Colorado. Girls Scout patch designed by Mary Urban, CWHF designer and webmaster.